Above is the picture of the greatest dog a girl ever had! Roscoe P.! I envy Roscoe and how he happily runs around our yard, and then comes inside for his nap. I want his life! Minus being a dog, obviously, but he makes everything look so fun and easy.
Dealing with real life adult life is harder than any horror film you have ever seen. Are you following me here? I mean when you are watching the horror movie and the character in the story hears a bad sound coming from the basement. What person watching isn’t screaming at the T.V., “Don’t go into that basement! Run girl…RUN!” Yet, this wouldn’t make a very good horror movie if they just dialed 911. Am I right? Life is the same way. If we don’t face our fears and overcome them then are we living life the life of our dog or simply just bumping around? Suddenly the horror movie sounds more fun.
There is nothing that I love more than the love of family. There are great perks to it!
- They pretty much have to LOVE you. Mine may not like me at times, but I always feel the love.
- You will turn into your Mother. This is something most girls fight, but just wait…It will happen. In my case this works out great because my Mom is the queen of Prosecco which we have already established that I LOVE. She is a good time party girl, minus her making me do dishes, but hey it’s a small price to pay. Believe me I have tried to pay someone else to do it! #loveyourmother
- I have a happy, always smiling Daddy that makes a huge hit at our Super Bowl Party every year. He laughs loudly, enjoys life, and his BIG hugs make this life a better place. #Alwaysdaddysgirl
- My Sister is hysterical. She’s mentally ill, I say this with the most love, and never challenge her to a game of Murder! (inside joke, sorry) Pretty much don’t challenge her at anything because she will win! Her competitive spirit along with her love, and light make our night time phone calls something I always look forward too! #sisterswillkeepyoursecrets
- My Brother. He is a mess. You will never know he is because he can keep secrets and somehow always gets out of doing the dishes! His humor is a bit odd and you never know if he’s really joking or not. He’ll make comments like, “Mom, I can’t have another beer becuase I’m going to be dropping Acid tomorrow!” We all laugh, but is he really kidding? We may never know the truth! He is awesome with phones and computers which is good because I suck at it, and he will even come over and fix mine if I pester him enough about it. #handycomputerguys
Back to the loveable Roscoe P! He always wants to be with his Mommy (that’s me) everynight watching a show on a T.V. show he is always snuggled next to me and gets annoyed if I have to get up to go to the bathroom. It’s a good thing I have Roscoe P., as we all have heard my last teenager is in the home stretch of finishing High School and will soon be in College! I’m going to need plenty of valium and the love of my dog becuase the thought of this hurts my heart already! As much as I complain about this job of parenting, I’m really just venting, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Oh, I almost forgot, my husband! He has mastered the “dog voice” we all use when talking to them or for them, or about them! In the beginning, he just couldn’t get it down right and was the recipant of many jokes. Well, he may make it through five more years of the Doctor life until retirement and then I will be in big trouble! Surely, there will be a race to the mailbox for the American Express bill. Thank God he loves me. REALLY, Thank God. He saved more than my life, he may have just saved my soul. #loveyourhusband
Your dogs love is the best of all! He may get mad at you for tossing him outside for a portion of the day, but as soon as you give him that treat – it’s ALL GOOD. Also, your dog doesn’t hold a grudge, and will protect you from the trash collectors he LOVES to bark at!
Xoxo, SCT, mask of the doctor’s wife ❤️