Ever wonder why people say “LOL” or “LMAO”, because they are! Laughter is truly the very best medicine I can offer! So in that spirit let me share some giggles.
1. I often go upstairs several times a day and wonder, “What the hell did I come up here for?” Only to go back downstairs remember and go back up! If this were an Olympian sport, I would WIN, hands down, no contest.
2. The constant inner conflict that resides between doing what you want to do or what you HAVE to do. Most times my WANT wins! Why? At the age of 44 what could possibly happen by NOT doing the “have to”. Why? I am a grown f*cking adult? What is the worst that could happen? They are going to take my Birthday away? No worries, DONE. Aging goes against my personal policy anyway.
3. Dealing with people who either don’t get it, refuse to get it, or are trying to prove a point to me? BIG “LOL”! You have obviously mistaken me for someone else.
4. Teenagers and grown children- ” The words because I said so have never been more appropriate”. You are the parent, it’s your castle so rule it. If you have raised them right, and I am sure you have….see rule #2. The same applies.
5. Husbands. They are great men to be loved and respected. Keep telling them that until they believe it and your world just got a whole lot better.
6. If you are a savvy woman, do not let your looks fall down the toliet. Do it for you first, your husband second, and thirdly because the “plumber” masked as a divoce attorney is messy and expensive.
7. Personal growth and happiness is not expendable. Keep going, never appear defeated even if you are at the moment, keep moving forward. Never let them see you sweat. You are a winner on the inside, if you don’t believe it at first try, keep on trying. Never underestimate the power of your world.
8. Pay it forward. So VERY simple. If you were offered the kindness of others, simply repay it. I promise it comes back 100 times.
9. Laugh lines can be expensive with Botox! Keep doing it anyway, both are worth it.
10. We all have “those people” who will doubt you, question you, and try to pull you down like two people drowning. Save yourself first. Until you know you, there is no way possible to help others. Would those people save you? Most will not. This is not High School anymore…surround yourself with those that will help you bury the dead bodies. They are your true friends. They are the friends that while sitting next you in jail, will look at you and smile while saying, “Damn that was FUN!”
Have a blessed day! -Mask of the Doctors Wife