I did my first class of HOT Yoga which in Midlothian Virginia is centrally located next to the ABC store! Location…location! SMART! #greatmarketing
When you have no other choice to survive through a tragedy, what do you do? All answers apply when dealing with the sudden loss of a loved one. Not one is right or wrong but, I have personally done all of the below!
1. Work…Work…Work! Keeping busy keeps the blues away.
2. See the shrink every week! Mine believes my family could actually be Dr.Phil’s greatest challenge.
3. Drink Vodka with grape favored Sugar/calorie free Gatorade! Yummy! It’s a health drink. After the denial phase of grief, (no carbs) this is medicinal. #allthingsinmoderation. OR NOT. I’m capable of doing both.
4. Surround yourself with gal pals who understand. Not ones that are going to dismiss you or avoid the “ugly topic”. Seriously *uck those people who say it’s been five months, you aren’t over it yet? Well, he was my Brother for 38 years SO…. This will help you tremendously graduate to the ANGRY phase. I got lucky, my girlfriends have been amazing.
5. Work things out with your higher power, whatever that is! For me, back to bible study class. #truth #unbelievable, but still TRUE.
6. Exercise! Yoga can be so spiritual, I used to do it and I don’t know why I stopped! Grabbed my gal pal and went the local HOT yoga. The beginning of the class the mediation portion. I call it my prayer portion.
I’m going to share my prayer. God said it was OK, so here goes – Jesus, thank you for today, I praise you. PLEASE make me strong again. I will do the work I just need your guidance. If at all possible, let me feel my Brother giving my strength, cheering me on…”you go girl”…give me strength in my mind and body to be extremely strong for those around me that need me. I have commitments and I must honor them. Please bless my family, I am doing this as much for them as I am myself.
Second portion of HOT yoga is basically, well, *ell! But I made it through the intermediate class, and didn’t cry until the end, when we did the final mediation and muscles shaking, I made it!
Thank you Corey. Cold towel over my face, eyes closed, I heard you, I saw you. I felt proud. Tears of joy!
7. Self-care. Extremely important! Blog, journal, Xanax, sleep, get your hair and nails done! Buy something special for yourself. Never make a long to do list that isn’t achievable or you will feel worse. Only take on what you can really handle! Except that some days that may be nothing.
8. If you are married or in a relationship let that person help you and don’t feel guilty that your house isn’t perfect right now. Your husband/wife will understand.
Thank God for my husband. The November trip to Turks and Caico’s was bittersweet.
I love you,
Until next time the Mask of the Doctor’s Wife is getting her *hit together with a little help from her friends, and HOT yoga!